SXSW Supper Suite by STK
photos by Sara Jaye Weiss
Who doesn’t love a little SXSW. A week long event celebrating film, music, technology, and creativity in a realm like nothing else. It’s one of the annual trade show events that some of the most notable wait for and while the conference itself is undeniable, it’s the private parties accompanying it that really make their mark.
Introducing this year’s, Supper Suite by STK. An onslaught of premier parties and post-premiers for indie films, the line up was definitely among those not to miss! Celebrity appearances included It-Girls Taissa Farmiga, Nina Dobrev, Natasha Lyonne and Aubrey Plaza at the official cast junket for Final Girls, post premiere parties for Fresno and the Duplass Brothers’ 6 Years, Manson Family Vacation and Adult Beginners.
SUPPER SUITE BY STK SPONSORED BY MAESTRO DOBEL® TEQUILA AND BLUE MOON BREWING COMPANY
Austin, TX, March 16th— On Saturday March 14th and Sunday March 15th, A-List Communications’ Supper Suite by STK and its sponsor partners, STK Restaurants operated by lifestyle hospitality company The ONE Group, Maestro Dobel® Tequila, and Blue Moon Brewing Company celebrated Jamie Babbit’s FRESNO (world premiere), and three films from Duplass Brothers Productions: Hannah Fidell’s 6 YEARS (world premiere), J. Davis’ MANSON FAMILY VACATION (world premiere) and Ross Katz’s ADULT BEGINNERS (U.S. premiere).
Guests sipped on Maestro Dobel® Tequila specialty cocktails including its signature “Black Diamond Margarita” and “Dobel Agave Julep,” as well as official SXSW sponsor, Miller-Coors Brewing which featured beer pairings across its Blue Moon Brewing beers.
Guests at the FRESNO reception snacked on cucumber and couscous tabouli with feta, mint, and paprika oil; Tuna Tartare with avocado, taro chip, chili oil and micro cilantro, and seared NY steak with crème fraîche, chive potato and smoked roe butter. All expertly prepared by Executive Chefs Robert Liberato from STK LA and Mark Alba from STK Atlanta.
Duplass Brothers party guests snacked on cucumber and couscous tabouli with feta, mint, and paprika oil and tuna tartare with avocado, taro chip, chili oil and micro cilantro. All, once again, prepared by Executive Chefs Robert Liberato from STK LA and Mark Alba from STK Atlanta.
Attended Final Girls junket: Nina Dobrev, Taissa Farmiga, Malin Akerman, Alexander Ludwig and Thomas Middleditch
Headline: “Final Girls” press junket at Supper Suite by STK with Maestro Dobel® Tequila and Blue Moon.
“Final Girls” junket at Supper Suite By STK with Maestro Dobel® Tequila and Blue Moon Brewing on March 14, 2014 with individual shot captioning e.g.: “Nina Dobrev seen at “Final Girls” press junket at Supper Suite by STK hosted by Maestro Dobel® Tequila and Blue Moon.”
Attended Fresno party: Director Jamie Babbit Cast: Natasha Lyonne, Judy Greer, Aubrey Plaza
• Sally Field, dressed in adorable black & white spectators and a gray pant suit, was graciously chatting with all and sundry well-wishers and when told that one attendee’s mother had a huge crush on James Garner (co-star with Field in Murphy’s Law) Field quipped: “Well, who didn’t!”
• The late night Fresno party was well attended by filmmakers from many other SXSW films.
• Nina Dobrev was adorable, taking selfies with the tickets to her premiere.
• Many of the attendees enjoyed the Maestro Dobel® Tequila margaritas and Max Greenfield posed with STK’s executive chefs.
Attended: Duplass Brothers Productions party:
Directors Hannah Fidell, J. Davis, and Ross Katz; Jay Duplass, Mark Duplass, Taissa Farmiga, Shiri Appleby, Constance Zimmer, Jennifer Lafleur, Ben Rosenfield, Nick Kroll, Lindsay Burdge, Linas Phillips, Leonora Pitts
• Due to the prolific nature of Duplass Brothers Productions, the party was a great mix of casts, industry and well-wishers, with SXSW Keynote-giving Mark Duplass holding court at a back table and Jay working the crowd.
• Turnout was as high as the spirits, with loads of well wishers. Considering the 2015 Duplass Brothers Productions is having, industry presence was especially robust, with execs from Magnolia, TWC-Radius, Indiewire, ICM, Fandor, The Orchard, and many others on hand to bask in the Brothers’ glow.