Inspired By Alice’s Looking Glass
photos courtesy of Getty Images for Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
Am I mad? I’ll tell you a secret, all the best people are …
Alice returns to the whimsical world of Wonderland and travels back in time to save the Mad Hatter and Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media invites us out to experience an entire line inspired by the imaginative world of Alice.
In celebration of the film, Disney partnered with a group of fashion-forward designers to create apparel, accessories and beauty collections that take inspiration from the Alice Through the Looking Glass’ unique themes, bold colors and unforgettable characters. All the designs and product, as outlined below, were showcased at the evening’s event.
I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
- A beautiful jewelry collection by James Banks (Adam Shulman’s jewelry line), inspired by characters and the theme of “time” from the film
- Global ready-to-wear and accessories brand Thomas Wylde’s three outfits paying homage to the White Queen, Red Queen and Time
- A Time-themed necklace and Alice-themed ring by Stephen Dweck, that feature his signature style of unique, colorful gemstones – both modern and collectible
- Tea party-inspired hats by the award-winning milliner, Patricia Underwood
- Royal-themed accessories, including shoes and a clutch, by French heritage brand, Robert Clergerie
- Urban Decay’s bold and bright eye and lip shades
- OPI’s enchanting nail lacquers
And so the evening commenced and all we could do was ponder the fantastical designs of the night and come to but one conclusion:
Regardless of where you stand in your keen arrival of Wonderland, one thing is for certain: you will never be at a loss in a world so fluent in whimsy that the tall tales spun might, just possibly, be wild enough to be true.