WHY MEN LOSE WEIGHT FASTER THAN WOMEN
THE GREAT WEIGHT LOSS DEBATE
[dropcap letter=”F”]or ages we’ve been questioning just how men and women lose weight at such a different pace but thanks to modern medicine and a whole lot of research, it’s been narrowed down to blood type. Turns out our blood type determines how we lose weight and how we keep it that way. As a big fan of Kreation Organics, it’s no surprise that they came up with a few ideas to help the process.
Why is it that men can eat a few salads and shed the love handles with no problem? But if some women eat super healthy and work out constantly, they can barely shed a pound? Well it might seem like that is the case, but Kreation is getting to the bottom of this weight loss inequality perception.
The Odds Are Stacked in Men’s Favor: For Faster Initial Weight Loss
Let’s examine the facts. Men tend to have more lean muscle tissue, which burns more calories than body fat. When men and women reduce the number of calories they consume, men usually do lose more weight — but it’s a short-term result.
Women Are Just More ‘Stacked’
On average, women have between 6% and 11% more body fat than men. From puberty to menopause, women maintain more average body fat than men (boobs!) — even when they take in fewer calories. However, over a longer period of time, 6 months to a year, if men and women consistently eat well and workout, weight loss tends to even out between the sexes.
Stop Dieting and Eat For Your Blood Type and Your Lifestyle
Eating according to your blood type can help your system find it’s natural “rhythm” and “happy weight”. Listen to what your body needs. If you want to find results in your weight loss, check out the food dos and don’ts best suited for your blood type. According to Dr. Peter DÁdamo, author of Eat Right For Your Type, here are the recommendations:
Type O blood:
- High protein diet: poultry and fish mainly
- High vegetable diet
- Limit the amount of grains, beans, and dairy you eat
Type A blood:
- Avoid meat, since it is harder for your blood type to digest
- Try to focus on fruit and vegetable meals, with lots of beans, legumes, and whole grains
Type B blood:
- Meats other than chicken are good for your blood type
- Eggs are good for you
- Eat lots of green vegetables like kale and spinach
- Low-dairy intake is encouraged
- Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, sesame seeds, and chicken
Type AB blood:
- Eat lots of tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, or smoked and cured meats