Jumping into Spring …
Fashion TrendsTues™ with Stylist, Ali Levine
We all know that summer is fast approaching, but Spring Break will be here before you know it! Spring break isn’t just about or for College Coeds. Spring Break is exactly that…a break. A quick Vaycay to celebrate the great weather. Some @Team_ALD members are getting away to some pretty great places to relax and many music festivals are fast approaching.
We are even more excited to be styling some great swim wear shoots coming up at the end of this month. We are officially ready!! We are sourcing the hottest, colors, suits and trends, so be on the lookout for Designer spotlights and upcoming #BTS.
We are going to be offering some insight on what to wear to get the best looks for your upcoming Vaycays and to get things rolling, let’s talk SWIMWEAR, for both men and women, and accessories!
Women’s Swimsuit Seasons Trends:
Bright colorful geometric blocked prints
Caleb says…”As far as men’s fashion goes, stripes and bright colors have made themselves prevalent in 2013. Nothing says “I’m ready for spring” than a pair of aquamarine shorts (vintage cut above the knee, of course) and a plaid button up to seal the deal. The vintage cut also applies to this years beach-ready looks as well. Above-the-knee trunks and a few bright tanks are all you need to pull off the “beach bum” look. Throw on a nautical stripe sweater or zip-up and your all-day beach party can go well into the night.”
Men’s Swimsuit Seasons Trends:
Please read through and enjoy this week’s Fashion TrendsTues™ with Ali Levine.
- Monokini’s are hot and we especially love this number from, The Orchid Boutique, for its color and tribal feel! This one piece exceeds all expectations.
- Neon me pls! Shine bright like a diamond in NEON in this suit from Beach Bunny. Love how playful and sexy this suit is for the beach! Pair it w/ a floppy hat and you are all sass.
- Read between the lines, we saw lines and shapes all over the runway, now we are seeing those nautical lines everywhere, especially the beach! Love the colors and stripes all in one with this winner from Nordstrom!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on the cover of Shape Magazine (March 2013) has on a bright, pink & white zig-zag, halter strap bikini and looks just as beautiful as ever. The look is flawless, even without accessories! It’s girls, fun, and sexy — who can resist that?
- A super sexy look by Victoria’s Secret that can easily transition from beach to chic. Try adding a few accessories to really glam up the look. Top $38.50, bottom $32.50
- This Mara Hoffman Bandeau style bikini is one everyone will remember. The bursts of color and dramatic V cut in the top are definitely going to make a splash! (sorry…corny joke moment). Neiman Marcus, top $110, bottom $108
- Retro Floral High Waisted Bikini Print Bikini from ASOS. Accessorize with a floral head-piece from Cult Gaia (below).
- Tribal isn’t going anywhere! Trend this tribal bathing suit, from Mara Hoffman, on the beach this Spring/Summer and pair it with some beautiful neon drop earrings (below)!
- These trunks from Bloomingdale are too much for the men in our lives!
- Who wants a farmer’s tan that extends past their knees? No one! So why not opt for a more cropped and tapered version of your board shorts this summer and get some color on those legs! (The small pocket on the front of these is a perfect place for you car key!)
- Go loud for men this Spring! Get this Etro Paisley print swim shorts from Mr. Porter. Don’t forget to pair it with nice neutral canvas espadrilles (below).
- Jewelry picks from Katie Dean – love these pieces and this designer for some boho chic pieces to pair w/ your swim or summer look.
- Texture rings. Love Sunhara!
- Beach party for one? No problem! This tote by Me and Arrow is a great size for your beach necessities. (Me and Arrow, $82).
- A little sun never hurt anyone, but too much can be harmful, not to mention annoying. This sunhat can definitely help keep your face protected and smiling!
- Who could forget their sunglasses? This pair of Ray Ban Original Wayfarers will definitely block the sun and the ocean’s glare. Splurge a little for polarized lenses to reduce the glare even more. (Ray Ban, $200)
- Handmade in LA, floral head-piece from Cult Gaia.
- Neon drop earrings from Dorthy Perkins.
- Neutral canvas espadrilles from Mr. Porter.