As we learn more and more about the value of cannabis in terms of health and wellness, it seems cooking with this magical, newly legal substance may make that sweet fix a little more of an anti-anxiety fix—especially when we’re talking about edibles.
As I continue to understand the many facets of the cannabis industry, as an editor and a journalist, the studies that continue coming out about how good CBD can be for us continue to bewilder me. In search of recipes that were simple and straight forward, I came across a few cannabis-infused treats I thought I’d share with you.
Keep in mind that ingesting cannabis or CBD has a direct deliverable that will immediately engage with your body so be mindful and do very small doses until you know what works best.
Photographs in partnership with Shutterstock
Canna-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time Required: 30 minutes | Yields 16-24 Cookies
WHAT YOU NEED
- baking sheet
- ½ cup Cannabutter
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
- Mix Cannabutter, sugars and egg into large bowl.
- Mix baking soda, salt and flour in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture slowly. Stir all ingredients together.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place them two inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until light brown.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
Time Required: 20 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- Wax lined paper
- Straws (Any will do)
- Dish for sprinkles
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (dark, milk, or white)
- ¼ cup Cannabis Coconut Oil
- 15-20 strawberries with stems
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Cut straws in half and insert into the stemmed top strawberry (a knife may be needed to cut a small hole to insert straws more easily).
- Put sprinkles in dish for easy dipping.
- Melt chocolate and Cannabis Coconut Oil in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15-20 seconds (depending on wattage) to avoid burning.
- One at a time, dip bottom half of strawberries into melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl.
- Dip the bottom half of chocolate covered portion into sprinkles.
- Place on wax paper lined baking sheet or plate to dry.
- Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If using white chocolate, you could add a few drops of food coloring to make it more fun!
- Use a mixture of chocolates to create a layered effect, allowing each coat to dry before dipping in next coat. If using a mixture, be sure to include the chocolate and Cannabis Coconut Oil recipe for each.
- Serve right out of the freezer for a nice, icy treat.
- Microwave cannabutter until melted in microwave safe bowl large enough to hold the cereal and marshmallows, too.
- Stir the marshmallows into the melted butter and microwave on high for two minutes. Whip the cannabutter and marshmallows until well mixed.
- Stir in cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Press into a buttered 9×13 pan. Let set until firm- about an hour.
- Cut into 15 pieces.
As you discover and try more flavor profiles and combinations, may you find the right blend that improves your quality of life and overall well-being.